There is no doubt about it, I am a full on boy mama and maintaining things organized around my house is like completing a Rubik's cube. Our days are filled with beautiful messy chaos... at least that's what I keep telling myself! I never imagined I'd get here: Surrounded by legos, ninja turtles and a little bit of pee. But never in a million years would I change anything. My boys, with their challenges and all, are magically perfect! Yes, I know blah, blah, blah another mama praising her children, but it's true. Sometimes I need to remind myself of how wonderful life is. Because in the midst of all the dirt, tantrums, poo stains, stepped on legos, speech therapy, jiu-jitsu classes, eating schedules and hydration. The everyday routines can seem overwhelming and chaotic. Correction, they ARE overwhelming and chaotic! The life of a mama is not for the faint of heart. Most days, in fact, I am convinced I am an unfit parent. So I pick up my camera and photograph my wild children to help me tread water in a sea of motherhood learning. So today, I am here to share 6 little simple joys of parenting two boys aka My Wild Ones.
As always friends, thanks for stopping by friends and don't forget to signup for my tribe to receive special offers, model call releases and so much more! leylakuhn.com
My 6 little simple things help to remind myself that there is magic in the everyday and the gooey mess of life is beautiful, so let's photograph that beautiful messy life.
1. I learned to get down and dirty. Getting off the sidelines and climbing that tree makes everything so much more fun. I completely forgot what sliding down the slide, stomping that puddle and getting dirt in your nails felt like. I now get to roll on the ground and enjoy the magic of being a little human again!
2. They remind me to not take life so seriously. Simply laugh at the fart jokes. Yes, its silly but life doesn't have to be so serious. There is enough drama that we can't avoid in our lives so I constantly battle and struggle with letting that s#8% go and just brush it off.
3. The hugs and kisses are that much juicier and harder. It's true what they say, boys love their mamas. I am their special person and it melts my entire heart and body to hold them tight.
4. I love their constant ability to keep things vibrantly loud. If any of you know me, you might know I am not a quiet soul. I am loud and having my boys around makes me feel right at home with my perfect people. I don't have to worry about being a bull in a china shop. We all get to sing at the top of our lungs and dance like nobody is watching!
5. I love how much they admire and love their papa. They light up the minute he walks in the house and shout at the top of their lungs. They give him the look and admiration that every awesome father should have and it makes me so happy to see them bond and play every day.
6. Their gushy big round eyes and long lashes melt my heart. Seriously, they can do anything and give me that look and all troubles will melt away. But, shhhh! Don't tell them this little secret or I will be doomed for the rest of our lives!
Having boys has opened my eyes to a whole new world. So I am aiming to raise compassionate loving wild children around here! Again, Thank you for stopping by friends and go let your wild side out!
I am having a vision and will need a few models very soon. Don't miss out, so sign up to receive the scoop!